Training and Consultancy Services
Circles South West is able to deliver bespoke training to assist your organisation.
Current Training – Summer 2021:
Working with people who have sexually harmed
This is a full day training at level 1, designed for professionals and volunteers who have occasional contact with people who have offended sexually (either contact or internet offences).
- The impact of beliefs, attitudes and values in relation to people who have sexually harmed and how this can affect you, your clients, society etc.
- What is sexual offending and harmful sexual behaviour (HSB)?
- Motivations for offences and causes of sexual offending – some models and theories.
- Basic concepts of risk assessment and management
- Desistance and strength based approaches
- Manipulation and grooming including the use of ‘masks’ in your work
- Safeguarding and personal impact of the work
- Applying learning and experience to a case study
Bristol: 6th July
Plymouth: 14th July
Dorset: 5th August
Living and working in a ‘pornified’ world
This training is of interest to professionals and volunteers working with adults and young people who have sexually harmed, have convictions for sexual offending or are at risk of doing so.
The training will increase delegates’ knowledge and understanding of theories around why people sexually harm, the prevalence of such behaviour, risk assessment and risk management.
- Cybersex and legal pornography
- Sex and technology – the current and future
- The impact of pornography and cybersex on young people and adults
- How people use the internet to sexually offend
- Why people might use the internet to sexually offend
- Internet ‘offender’ typologies and characteristics
- Assessing those who present a risk of online sexual harm
- Working with your clients
- Applying learning and experience to a case studies
Bristol: 7th July
Plymouth: 21st July
If you are interested in either of these courses or would like to discuss private training of them please contact us.
If you feel that we, as an organisation, could help support your staff please get in touch with your training needs and we will discuss in more depth what we can provide.
We are able to offer half day, full day and two day training sessions.