Circles UK came into being in 2008 and works to support the development and effective operation of Circles of Support and Accountability (Circles). Circles UK is part-funded by the Ministry of Justice to ensure that Circles Projects across England and Wales are of a high standard.
- Publicises the work of Circles projects through lobbying and engagement with the media
- Supports new project development
- Ensures quality control, good governance and the safe running of projects through a Membership arrangement with Providers of Circles
- Leads a research and evaluation group responsible for the gathering and dissemination of data
- Oversees the development and roll out of diversified initiatives such as Circles for those with intellectual disabilities and Circles for young people
- Promotes the development of Circles outside the UK, for instance Circles Europe, which aims to facilitate the development of Circles across Europe
For more information about the work of Circles UK or the national Circles network, you can visit their website here www.circles-uk.org.uk or telephone 0118 950 0068